printing on the Dutch version of Evolution 3.38.3-1

printing on the Dutch version of Evolution 3.38.3-1

I run on Zorin 15.3 evolution version 3.28.5 without any problem. I
installed it in Dutch or Nederlands ( Belgisch ).

However on another computer I run Fedora 33 with evolution 3.38.3-1.
On this computer i cannot print any mail. The answer I get is shown
below. Somehow strange characters are introduced and the printer is not
found. The same happens when I print to a file.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Eddy Scholdis

Het antwoord van de printer was ‘Fout bij het openen van bestand
‘/home/eddy/Downloads/20210110102239_Weekly_summary_of_your_neighbour
hood.pdf’: Bestand of map bestaat niet’.

Free translation of the above : The answer of the printer was : 'error
when opening the file:
‘/home/eddy/Downloads/20210110102239_Weekly_summary_of_your_neighbour
hood.pdf’ : file or map does not exist.'

Re: printing on the Dutch version of Evolution 3.38.3-1

Pete Biggs

> I run on Zorin 15.3 evolution version 3.28.5 without any problem. I
> installed it in Dutch or Nederlands ( Belgisch ).
>
> However on another computer I run Fedora 33 with evolution 3.38.3-1.
> On this computer i cannot print any mail. The answer I get is shown
> below. Somehow strange characters are introduced and the printer is not
> found. The same happens when I print to a file.
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem?

I don't think it's anything to do with the language.  There have been
issues with printing to do with the version of the underlying
Webkit/gtk libraries.  Have a look at the archives for November last
year, there were a number of threads about it then with some possible
work arounds.

On Sun, 2021-01-10 at 12:46 +0100, Eddy Scholdis wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this problem?

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1141

Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]