"show deleted message"

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
evolution-3.22.3-1.fc25.x86_64 + Outlook365

I have a default "Inbox" folder and "Deleted Items" folder. Any emails I delete get moved to "Deleted Items" folder.

I am hoping "show deleted messages" would keep the a copy of the message in the inbox and show something like

message 1
  message 2
    message 3

But It still deletes the message(move to "Deleted Items" folder) and only show

message 1
  message 3

Is "show deleted messages" working as intended?
Thanks.

Re: "show deleted message"

Andre Klapper
On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 20:48 +0000, Ask Stack via evolution-list wrote:

> evolution-3.22.3-1.fc25.x86_64 + Outlook365
>
> I have a default "Inbox" folder and "Deleted Items" folder. Any
> emails I delete get moved to "Deleted Items" folder.
>
> I am hoping "show deleted messages" would keep the a copy of the
> message in the inbox and show something like
>
> message 1
>   message 2
>     message 3
>
> But It still deletes the message(move to "Deleted Items" folder) and
> only show
>
> message 1
>   message 3
>

> Is "show deleted messages" working as intended?
> Thanks.

If "Outlook365" is IMAP: Yes.
If "Outlook365" is POP3: No.

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: "show deleted message"

On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 20:48 +0000, Ask Stack via evolution-list wrote:

> evolution-3.22.3-1.fc25.x86_64 + Outlook365
>
> I have a default "Inbox" folder and "Deleted Items" folder. Any emails I delete get moved to "Deleted Items" folder.
>
> I am hoping "show deleted messages" would keep the a copy of the message in the inbox and show something like
>
> message 1
>   message 2
>     message 3
>
> But It still deletes the message(move to "Deleted Items" folder) and only show
>
> message 1
>   message 3
>

> Is "show deleted messages" working as intended?

And in addition to what Andre said, if it's an IMAP account also look
in Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Accounts -> (sel account) -> Edit ->
Defaults and make sure "Use a Real Folder for Wastebasket" is unticked.

Re: "show deleted message"

Milan Crha
On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 23:26 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
> if it's an IMAP account...

        Hi,
being it evolution-ews (Exchange Web Services), which I'd expect to be
used for the Outlook365, then it doesn't support virtual trash/junk
folder, thus it moves the messages into the real trash folder (Deleted
Items) by default and one cannot do anything with it.

As you might understand already, the 'Show Deleted Messages' works the
way you expect only if the account has set a virtual (non-real) trash
folder, like the On This Computer messages. In that case the message is
just flagged as deleted, which lefts it in its folder, but usually
hides it. The 'Show Deleted Messages' as such works properly in both
cases.

Re: "show deleted message"

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Thanks for all the reply. It is a ews account. I understand this feature now.