re: duplicate inboxes for imap

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

re: duplicate inboxes for imap

Bob Cataldo
I still have the duplicate inbox problem. I did get this reply for my bugzilla report, however, I don't know how to  "unsubscribe" from the LIST response. Any Ideas?

The next ( last solution ) is to remove evolution and use another mail client. I am evaluating this for my company. This problem is a good reason not to use Evolution. My suers have enough trouble with e-mail. I don't want to give them a new OS and a buggy mail client.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Bob Cataldo
MFVEXPO
Network Support

>>sending : A00003 LIST "" "*"
>>received: * LIST () "/" "INBOX"

Server lists "INBOX"

>>sending : A00004 LSUB "" "*"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Drafts"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Sent Items"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Junk E-mail"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Sent"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Deleted Items"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Public Folders - Bayesian Learning"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Trash"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Outbox"
>>received: * LSUB () "/" "Inbox"

So LSUB returns "Inbox" as subscribed folder and "INBOX" in the LIST response

AFAIC, thats not supposed to happen( p.s: Server bug ). Can you try
unsubscribing from one and then see if both disappear.


_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Save Data possible?!

Tamer Higazi-2
Hi!
I want to save my Emails, the addressbook and all data from my
useraccount on my linux machine. How do I do that, and how do I restore
the data at a new installation of evolution (freshly baked linux for
example)?!

For any advise


Thank you
_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Save Data possible?!

Chenthill-2
        You need to just copy ~/.evolution (will have ur emails, contacts,
appointments etc.), ~/.gconf/apps/evolution and ~/.gnome2_private (for
your remembered passwords). You can put them in your new installation.

thanks, Chenthill.

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 17:44 +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:

> Hi!
> I want to save my Emails, the addressbook and all data from my
> useraccount on my linux machine. How do I do that, and how do I restore
> the data at a new installation of evolution (freshly baked linux for
> example)?!
>
> For any advise
>
>
> Thank you
> _______________________________________________
> Evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: re: duplicate inboxes for imap

Karsten Bräckelmann-2
In reply to this post by Bob Cataldo

> I still have the duplicate inbox problem. I did get this reply for my
> bugzilla report, however, I don't know how to "unsubscribe" from the
> LIST response. Any Ideas?

Folder / Subscriptions  (in Evo 2.4.x)

Did you enable "Subscribed Folders only" in the account settings?

Please keep bugzilla discussions on bugzilla though, or at least mention
the bug number. Can't tell if there is any further advice or discussion
in bugzilla. (Yes, you sure can ask in bugzilla, if a particular comment
isn't clear to you.)

...guenther


--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i<l;i++){ i%8? c<<=1:
(c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Save Data possible?!

Karsten Bräckelmann-2
In reply to this post by Chenthill-2
Tamer, please do not hijack unrelated threads. Rather than Replying to
an unrelated post and manually removing the entire quoted text, click
the link style formatted email address. Enable Threading in Evo to see
what I'm talking about.

  View / Group by Threads


> You need to just copy ~/.evolution (will have ur emails, contacts,
> appointments etc.), ~/.gconf/apps/evolution and ~/.gnome2_private (for
> your remembered passwords). You can put them in your new installation.

Please note: You should do this *before* starting the new Evo for this
user account the first time.

Or even better, before starting GNOME for that account. If the GConf
daemon is already running, copying this data doesn't have the desired
effect. Thus with GNOME running, you nee to stop the gconf daemon and
evolution-data-server first, before copying the data.

$ gconftool-2 --shutdown
$ evolution --force-shutdown


> > I want to save my Emails, the addressbook and all data from my
> > useraccount on my linux machine. How do I do that, and how do I restore
> > the data at a new installation of evolution (freshly baked linux for
> > example)?!

...guenther


--
A: No.
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: re: duplicate inboxes for imap

Andre Klapper
In reply to this post by Karsten Bräckelmann-2
murn,

Am Samstag, den 10.12.2005, 22:45 +0100 schrieb guenther:
> Folder / Subscriptions  (in Evo 2.4.x)
>
> Did you enable "Subscribed Folders only" in the account settings?
>
> Please keep bugzilla discussions on bugzilla though, or at least mention
> the bug number. Can't tell if there is any further advice or discussion
> in bugzilla. (Yes, you sure can ask in bugzilla, if a particular comment
> isn't clear to you.)

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=320994

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:[hidden email] | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: re: duplicate inboxes for imap

Karsten Bräckelmann-2

> > Please keep bugzilla discussions on bugzilla though, or at least mention
> > the bug number. Can't tell if there is any further advice or discussion
> > in bugzilla. (Yes, you sure can ask in bugzilla, if a particular comment
> > isn't clear to you.)
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=320994

Bob, thanks for wasting the time of anyone who seriously had a look at
your post to the list.

...guenther


--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu\0.@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";
main(){ char h,m=h=*t++,*x=t+2*h,c,i,l=*x,s=0; for (i=0;i<l;i++){ i%8? c<<=1:
(c=*++x); c&128 && (s+=h); if (!(h>>=1)||!t[s+h]){ putchar(t[s]);h=m;s=0; }}}

_______________________________________________
Evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list