recovering "On This Computer"

Adam Smith
I had a glitch that trashed my email config after getting everything
reconfigured the local.source points to the right place
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local

When I bring up evolution I get the right folder tree - but all folders
are empty

But when I go to ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
there is a whole tree of files loosely as expected with individual
files containing emails only they are not showing up in evolution

Any idea how I fix this ?

Re: recovering "On This Computer"

Milan Crha
On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 02:29 -0400, Adam Smith wrote:

> I had a glitch that trashed my email config after getting everything
> reconfigured the local.source points to the right place
> ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
>
> When I bring up evolution I get the right folder tree - but all
> folders
> are empty
>
> But when I go to ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
> there is a whole tree of files loosely as expected with individual
> files containing emails only they are not showing up in evolution

        Hi,
did evolution version changed? Which was it?

You can try to remove
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/folders.db
which will cause evolution to rescan the folders.

Note that directories of the Maildir structure start with a dot, thus
for example On This Computer/Drafts in UI corresponds to
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Drafts/
Regular directories (those without leading dot) can be a leftover from
the mbox era.

There is also special file:
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/..maildir++
which is used to know whether the account already migrated.

Always be careful and make copy of the
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
before doing anything from above, to have a copy to return to, if
anything breaks or simply doesn't work the way it should.