Andre Klapper schreef op ma 27-04-2020 om 17:08 [+0200]:
> On Mon, 2020-04-27 at 10:04 +0200, wbrt wrote:
> > Hello,
> > how can i use for example
> > https://langbein.org/microsoft-outlook-office365-url-rewriting-in-e-mails/ > > to rewrite the atp link from outlook in evolution?
> > Or are there other options to get rid of these safe links?
> This sounds like a question for a Microsoft forum. Asking for client
> software to manipulate content of emails sounds in-cre-di-bly wrong.
Unfortunately: The answer on such a forum would be that you need to be
the admin.. (=i have not found another answer there)
On 2020-04-27 at 17:08 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Asking for client software to manipulate content of emails sounds in-cre-di-bly wrong.
Seems a legitimate request to me. I consider the message files should be
stored as-is, but I would welcome a way to overlay them through a script
when viewing them. Some use cases:
* Rewrite urls to remove a safe link redirector¹ from urls (OP use case)
* Rewrite urls to *add* a safe link redirector¹ to urls
* Rewrite urls to remove a tracking id from links (as above but for ads)
* Automagically add an "This is an external message" warning to unknown
senders (with the old mails no longer showing that after you 'introduce'
* Fixup (workaround?) third-party bugs (e.g. bug 785840 commit² to show
messages broken by Exchange)
* Content enrichment. Such as automatically converting /bug [0-9]+/
strings into links… to the right bug tracker depending on the mailing
* Content summarization. Such as stripping from your view all that
disclaimer text mandated by the legal department that is appended by
everyone on the thread, which is exactly the same every time since you
all belong to the same company.
* Automatic translation. Assuming you had an automatic translation
product that provided an acceptable result.
An annoyance I personally would like to 'locally fix' would be the From:
changed by mailing lists, although changing those headers would be more
problematic than body changes.