unexpected filtering behaviour

@web.de
Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):

E-mail/Filtering section:

If I choose a label, e.g. "Appointment" + no search pattern + all
accounts, I only get the labelled emails, if there are in the folder
which is active in the sidebar. This makes no sense to me.

Re: unexpected filtering behaviour

@web.de

> Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):

> E-mail/Filtering section:

> If I choose a label, e.g. "Appointment" + no search pattern + all

> accounts, I only get the labelled emails, if there are in the folder

> which is active in the sidebar. This makes no sense to me.

I tried to give a wildcard character [%, *,. *] as workaround. No success.

Every folder has its own filtering settings.

---- S. Pfeifer schrieb ----

Evolution <a href="tel:3.36.2">3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):

On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 07:41 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
> Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):
>
> E-mail/Filtering section:
>
> If I choose a label, e.g. "Appointment" + no search pattern + all
> accounts, I only get the labelled emails, if there are in the folder
> which is active in the sidebar. This makes no sense to me.

Filters usually work on incoming mail when there is no active folder.
If you mean when you do 'Ctrl-Y' then that works on a selected message,
not an account - you can select a load of messages (like all in a
folder) for it to work on.

If you mean Search pattern, then there is a drop down to the right of
the search bar that determines the scope of the search.

Re: unexpected filtering behaviour

On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 07:41 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
> Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):
>
> E-mail/Filtering section:
>
> If I choose a label, e.g. "Appointment" + no search pattern + all
> accounts, I only get the labelled emails, if there are in the folder
> which is active in the sidebar. This makes no sense to me.

It does, and that is also covered in the fine user docs at
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-searching.html
Did you check them beforehand? If the docs are unclear I'm interested
in knowing what to improve. (Also, "filtering" isn't "searching".)

Re: unexpected filtering behaviour

@web.de

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

S. Pfeifer

---- Andre Klapper schrieb ----

> On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 07:41 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:

> > Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):

> > E-mail/Filtering section:

> > If I choose a label, e.g. "Appointment" + no search pattern + all

> > accounts, I only get the labelled emails, if there are in the folder

> > which is active in the sidebar. This makes no sense to me.

> It does, and that is also covered in the fine user docs at

> https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-searching.html

Thanks for that, I didn't notice.

---- Andre Klapper schrieb ----

Am Montag, den 11.05.2020, 12:03 +0200 schrieb Andre Klapper:

> On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 07:41 +0200, S. Pfeifer wrote:
> > Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19):
> >
> > E-mail/Filtering section:
> >
> > If I choose a label, e.g. "Appointment" + no search pattern + all
> > accounts, I only get the labelled emails, if there are in the
> > folder
> > which is active in the sidebar. This makes no sense to me.
>
> It does, and that is also covered in the fine user docs at
> https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-searching.html
> Did you check them beforehand? If the docs are unclear I'm interested
> in knowing what to improve. (Also, "filtering" isn't "searching".)
OK, sorry, I used general "filtering" by general meaning of the process
and did not followed the Evolution meaning. As you guessed because of
my description I mean searching.